Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our Hero Receives A Calling

IN WHICH I PONDER THE MEANING OF LIFE

There's something magical about this world in which we live. It's not the smiling, yet filthy face of a child. It's not a shout in the street. It's most certainly not anything involving pregnancy.

No, friends, what I'm talking about is puppetry. I suppose on some level, I've always known puppetry existed, but in things like The Sound of Music or a little kid's basement. Or Sesame Street. Wholesome things, like The Dark Crystal. Ok, so maybe that's not wholesome, but you get my drift. Never did I think some genius would use puppets to enact fake scenes from Harry Potter, let alone that greatest of all Pop Culture monstrosities: The Twilight Saga.

First, let us observe the insanity that is over 65 million hits on YouTube.

HARRY POTTER PUPPET PALS



I've come to accept my place in the world as an observer and sometime chronicler of all things awesome. Once in a while, I think of a witty phrase in the spur of the moment and touch the smallest edge of that Hylaean Theoric World, but whoever created that surely put at least a whole foot inside. I mean, finger puppets and tomfoolery? How can one go wrong?



OH HOW WRONG ONE CAN GO

Though come to think of it, the acting by these stiff puppets was actually far superior to anything in the film. I hope someone does a puppet version of the fourth book and has a bloody puppet get chewed out of a pregnant puppet's stomach, because that is both what happens in the book and HOT. Hot, indeed.



Someday, I hope to have a sliver of the talent of these fine folks. I would like to say I'd use that power for good, rather than to make poo jokes with Harry Potter or used decapitated deer head puppets, but I'm certain that IS good. If anything, I'd tell the tale of Vivi the midget magician and his many accomplishments. Actually, I do have a large number of stuffed creatures on or around my bed (how is this possible at 25, you ask? WHO FUCKING KNOWS, just go with it, aight?), and a plethora of objects that could be used as ridiculous props. Does anyone want to create a video with me? I'm sure we could find a way to tie all of these things into a cohesive storyline!

IT WILL BE BETTER THAN THIS, AS THIS SOUNDS (AND LOOKS) LIKE RETARDED MONKEYS

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, the Harry Potter and Twilight ones had me cracking up... but you know the funniest part of the Twilight one? The music is credited to Team Paramore... but it's totally Team Evanescence singing "Bring Me To Life." Team Amy Lee is going to cut a bitch.

Unknown said...

Oh... and between this post and the last one... when the Hell did you get funny? Has it really been that long??

Gidaren-kun said...

I think they explain on the YouTube page that they had to strip the original audio they'd used (which I imagine was Paramore) and replace it due to copyright stuff? But Team Amy Lee is a bitch anyway, so whatevs!

And um...thanks? I'm sure it was a brief burst of funny that will quickly go away and right the world again. ;)